Ever wonder why some people just don’t understand what you are trying to say? You feel frustrated and most likely feel like maybe they don’t WANT to understand you. Conflict and misunderstanding is a common theme in the workplace and causes unnecessary stress, hostility and perpetuates the old adage, “politics in the workplace”. Powerful Communication Workshop educates participants an understanding of four personality strengths using DiSC theory. Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Compliance discovered by William M Marston, PHD used to teach us the differences in our styles of communication. We cover how to phrase certain messages to the receiver by understanding their personality style as well as our own. When we understand our receivers personality style, it becomes second nature to influence, share ideas easily and if necessary, set boundaries to keep a healthy relationship. Work can be a place to feel open and be honest with our colleagues and free of conflict.
Powerful Communications Workshop helps teams and leaders to:
- Identify your leadership strengths and adapt your communication approach to the diverse styles of others
- Increase your effectiveness when sharing ideas, influencing others and setting boundaries
- Communicate positively face to face or written communication with colleagues to get the best results.
- Needs Assessment – This is where we dig into the problem and get clear on what is happening at work.
- Program Delivery – I come to you and facilitate a half-day/full-day workshop to your team and create a safe space to learn and grow from one another.
- Follow up Group Coaching – We host monthly group coaching calls for three months after the training delivery date to ensure skills are maintained in the workplace.
- Results – Individuals are prepared and equipped with the tools to communicate effectively with one another free of discomfort and fear. They feel confident with their new found tools to help them handle conflict and stop it in its tracks by being authentic, empathy, and through active listening.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk about this workshop in your teams.